Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's a new year and I've been up to something.

Reasons I haven't blogged in a while:

My Christmas show (which was quite successful, if I do say so myself) required my full attention for the 2+ weeks leading up to it as I learned how to play Christmas carols and also wrote a few of my own.

After my show had passed, I then had to focus on Christmas shopping.

Then I had Gift-Wrapping night, which included a viewing of the classic "Tombstone".

Then my fiance and I had to drive to our hometown and have Christmas celebrations with each of our families.

Then I had to come home and work nonstop for 3 days.

Then I had a rest on Sunday (finally).

Then work again and then a New Year's Eve party with all our friends.

Then I woke up this morning with a really bad migraine.  So I've spent the whole day up till now in bed, trying and failing to sleep it off.  I still have a dull headache even now, but at least the migraine went away.  Wouldn't you know that when I finally have a day off to myself, which I've planned for weeks to utilize as good writing time, I have a stupid take-up-the-whole-day migraine.  Oh, well.  Que sera sera.

Anyway, as mentioned in the title of my post, I've been up to something.  Things, actually.  Besides being a mere 6 chapters away from finishing the first draft of Lone March #6, I have begun writing yet another Lone March addendum.  I have a novella planned, which I have not started writing yet (except for in my head), then I have these other two...spin-offs, which is a misnomer really.  The only word that seems to fit them is 'addendum'.  Think The Tales of Beedle the Bard and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J. K. Rowling.  These two books I'm working on are books that exist within the world of Lone March, which I will publish in the real world once the series is complete and out for consumption.  One of them is written and I'm just waiting on it to be illustrated.  The other I've started writing and I have the outline, but, like every other project, I've put it on the back burner in order to focus all my attention on finishing Lone March.  I am so excited about these three books and cannot wait to share them with Lone March fans.

Outside of my books, I have also been doing some rather ambitious things musically.  I've written a concept album.  It has 14 songs.  I hope to record it this year with the help of my friend, Duncan Isenhower, who recorded/produced my first demo.  I sure hope he's down for some serious studio time with me because otherwise I have no earthly idea how I will get these songs out in the world in a legitimate format.  I'm super excited about this album.  I mean, it's no The Hazards of Love by The Decemberists, nor even close to Threads by Now Now, but I hope people like it anyhow.

Also, my beloved fiance got me a keyboard for Christmas so I finally have piano keys at my fingertips once again.  My parents had a piano when I was a kid, so I grew up being able to noodle around on it, then they up and sold it one day and I didn't even know till it was already gone.  I got a keyboard in high school and started teaching myself to play but didn't have room for it in my apartment once my college years commenced.  I had to put it in a storage unit, along with half of my other possessions.  When I finally retrieved it, I discovered it had died.  That was 7 years ago.  So for 7 years I have not been able to play.  Now I have an awesome keyboard that's all mine and no one else's...but I've totally forgotten nearly everything I taught myself back in high school.  So I'm having to start over, which is fine, only I think it'll be a while before I can use it to accompany my songs.  So that's the other thing I've been doing--conducting piano lessons in my spare time.

Anywho, that's been my life of late.

I suppose you guys probably just want to know what's happening with Moon-Tide.  Don't worry, I have not forgotten about LM #5 or its promised publication of late Spring this year.  It will be out on time.  But as for what's happening with it right now, I can't tell you.  They are secret publication preparation things.  But they will be revealed in time.  Hopefully pretty soon.

Now I better be off because during the writing of this post my headache finally subsided, which means I now have the ability to get back to work on the book.

Happy New Year, friends!

xxErin

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your headache went away I get migraines a lot to. I love the LM series and I can't wait for all the new stuff your working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sabrina! I'm glad you like LM and I'm super stoked to share the new stuff! Moon-Tide is so close to coming out--eep!!

    ReplyDelete