Saturday, March 17, 2012

Moon-Linked is a Year Old!

Actually, it's almost three, if you count the moment of its conception (ew) and the two years of writing beforehand.  But it was a year ago today that it was officially published, officially for sale!  I honestly never realized it was on St. Patrick's Day.  Weird, huh?  But at least that means it'll be easy to remember.  (I'm horrible with dates--and names to be honest--in fact, neither myself nor my fiance actually knows for sure the exact date we started dating.  We think it was March 10, 2004, but who can be sure?  Not that it matters because we don't celebrate anniversaries, but anyway.)  So, yeah, it's crazy.  One year later and I'm about to release Book Three, for which I can hardly contain my excitement!

I just wanted to give a humongous THANK YOU to all my readers.  You guys are awesome and you've made this all worth while.  I love writing--I have all my life--and I know I'll be doing it forever, whether said books are published or not because I do it for me, because I have to, really.  But being able to share my books and thus myself with the world and specifically with you guys makes me feel like my creative pursuits, my outlets for life, what I love and work hard for is grounded in something substantial.  Because you guys get it.  (Or, at least, I hope you do.)  I don't want to get all mushy-gushy (guess I already have) so I'll cut myself off here, but let's none of us forget that a book is a link between its writer and its reader.  We're all making connections here.  And that's beautiful.

Again, thank you guys for taking the Lone March journey with me and enjoying the story as much as I do.  You have no idea how much it means to me to be able to share my work with you all.

xxErin

PS. And when I say 'Lone March journey' you should go ahead and imply the word 'epic' right in there because, as you know, I'm writing Book Six now and I just keep realizing how long it's going to take to tell this story and the series keeps stretching on.  I thought it would be seven books, then it was eight, now...I'm not so sure.  But the whole story must be told no matter the length, right?  Anywho...

No comments:

Post a Comment